Care and Maintenance
How to clean your Springfree
- For cleaning moss, mould and lichen, you can use Wet & Forget Original. This product will not damage your Springfree and is targeted to treat these growths.
- You can use a soft bristle brush or soft sponge and warm water with a mild detergent to clean your Springfree. Stronger chemicals are not recommended as they may be harmful or corrosive to the trampoline materials.
- A water-blaster can be used to remove growths on the net, mat or frame.
- For further help with Springfree maintenance, please free phone 0800 586 772.
Springfree recommends a quick inspection of your Springfree™ Trampoline before each use. It's important that any worn, defective, or missing parts are replaced promptly. The following conditions could represent potential hazards and we'd recommend that your Springfree™ Trampoline not be used until the issue is rectified:
- Punctures, frays, tears or holes worn in the bed, mat edge system or net.
- Deterioration in the stitching or fabric of the bed, mat edge system or net.
- Missing trampoline rods or rods disconnected from the mat edge.
- A bent or broken frame, or sharp protrusions on the frame.
- A sagging bed, or a loose enclosure net; improperly or insecurely attached bed or enclosure net.
- Rods not fully inserted into sockets or ball joint not fully engaged mat edge.
- Deteriorated, missing or damaged plastic edge fittings (if the plastic edge fittings have deteriorated or are damaged, rods may release and cause injury. Inspect regularly, but keep face well clear in the process. Check that the ball retainer clip is engaged. Replace damaged components).
- Enclosure support rods and attachment fittings missing, damaged or improperly assembled.
- Enclosure rods not fully inserted up into the net pockets.
- Missing C-clips from the sockets on the frame.
Springfree™ Trampoline's SoftEdge™ is designed to reduce injury. It is not designed to cope with deliberate, continuous, vigorous bouncing activity. Do not deliberately bounce around the edge as this will encourage unnecessary wear and tear on the mat and other components.
It is highly unlikely under normal use that a Springfree FlexiRod™ will ever break or delaminate. Should you notice cracking or flaking on your trampoline rods, rest assured this is most likely sun damage caused to the "sleeve" which is a protective cover inserted over each composite rod during the manufacturing process. New Zealand has one of the harshest UV environments in the world, and though the sleeves are UV treated, over time and depending on the amount of UV exposure they've had, they may deteriorate at an accelerated rate. If you believe your rod sleeves are flaking or cracking, please call our product support team on 0800 586 772 to discuss.
Warning to Springfree Owners:
Foreign objects can damage your Springfree™ Trampoline. Please ensure that any play toys, balls and foreign objects are not stored permanently in your Springfree™ Trampoline. Sharp objects should not be taken onto the Springfree at any time as they may cause harm to your children or your Springfree™ Trampoline. Some toys, clear balls in particular have been known to magnify the sun's UV rays and burn holes in trampoline mats, which will void your mat warranty. To avoid any such damage, please ensure that any toys and objects taken on to your Springfree™ Trampoline are removed after play.
You do not have to take down your Springfree™ Trampoline in the Winter!
Customers who live in colder climates frequently ask us how to care for their trampoline in the winter. There are in fact no special winter care instructions other than to clear the snow off your trampoline after heavy snow accumulation.
Do not use a shovel to remove the snow off your trampoline, because it may damage the mat or enclosure net.
Springfree™ Trampoline is constructed with all-weather parts including rust-free fiberglass rods and UV-resistant polypropylene mat and safety enclosure. Regardless of your climate, you can enjoy your Springfree™ Trampoline all year round.
To order any replacement parts, please call our team on 0800 JUMP SAFE.